AM/FM Radio and Podcasts Work for Pet Supplies Retailers
|RADIO ONLINE | Monday, November 7, 2022|
The Cumulus Media | Westwood One Audio Active Group commissioned a series of Signal Hill Insights studies to measure the impact of two pet retailer campaigns. One was for a retailer's network radio campaign, and the other was for a podcast campaign. Bost studies revealed AM/FM radio and podcast advertising can generate a significant brand lift and sales effect.
This week's blog outlines the key findings.
- Pet ownership is greatest among 25-54s and declines sharply over the age of 55. Nielsen Scarborough reveals more than half of adults 25-54 own a pet.
- Heavy AM/FM radio listeners are +15% more likely than TV viewers to be pet owners, revealing pet category media plans are underweight on AM/FM radio and overspent on TV.
- Nielsen Media Impact: Adding AM/FM radio to pet brand TV media plans generates a massive lift in campaign reach.
- AM/FM radio listeners are far more likely to be customers of the national pet chain retailer according to Signal Hill Insights campaign effect study. 46% of AM/FM radio listeners were customers of the national pet retailer compared to only 39% of TV viewers.
- Brand lift: Key perceptions in the campaign saw growth. Comparing perceptions associated with the retailer before and after the campaign saw lifts of +4% to +17%.
- AM/FM radio worked: Advertising recall grew +24%, and six in 10 said they would take an action based on the campaign. In the one-month period, aided ad recall grew from 21% to 26%, a +24% increase.
- Signal Hill Insights podcast brand effect study: Significant impact up and down the purchase funnel. The podcast campaign generated significant impact: Top-of-mind awareness grew +55%; brand consideration increased +24%; brand recommendation improved +23%; and online purchase intent was up +24%.
Latest Radio Stories
Podtrac Issues Top Podcasts, Publishers & Sales Networks|
WPXY/Rochester Taps Phil ''Moose'' Musumeci for Mornings|
FOX News Extends TuneIn Partnership with FOX Weather|
WLAV/Grand Rapids Taps Gregg Henson as Morning Co-Host|
Acast, Self Financial Partner to Launch Podcast Series|
JAM'N 94.5/Boston Ups DJ Pup Dawg to Program Director|