WSOU Garners Six Garden State Journalists Association Awards
|RADIO ONLINE | Thursday, July 30, 2020|
Seton Hall University students earned six awards for their on-air work at WSOU-FM from the Garden State Journalists Association's 73rd Annual Memorial Journalism Awards competition. For the first time in the station's history, WSOU swept two awards categories - Radio General News and Radio Sports.
The Garden State Journalists Association's yearly contest celebrates the best work by the media and public relations professionals who cover New Jersey. The competition is open to commercial and noncommercial media, as well as for-profit and non-profit public relations activities. In all, there are 38 award categories. The winners from WSOU are:
Radio General News
- 1st Place, Bob Towey, "Newscast - 3/12/19"
- 2nd Place, Bob Towey, "Newscast - 5/16/19"
- 1st Place, Bob Towey, "Play-by-Play: Seton Hall Men's Basketball vs. Florida"
- 2nd Place, Wilnir Louis, "Seton Hall Takes on Rutgers for the Garden State Hardwood Classic"
- 3rd Place, Jose Feliciano, "Play-by-Play: Seton Hall Men's Basketball vs. St. John's"
- 2nd Place, Bob Towey, "Dolores Huerta: Inspiring the Next Generation of Social Justice Activists"
"WSOU's focus on skill building and striving for personal best means our students' work often meets or exceeds professional standards," said WSOU general Manager Mark Maben. "We fully embrace our mission to train the next generation of broadcast journalists and sportscasters. These awards are a recognition of that effort. I am proud that the quality of Bob, Jose, and Wilnir's work has been acknowledged by the Garden State Journalists Association."
Latest Radio Stories
Entercom Q2 Net Revenues Drop 54% to $175.8 Million|
iHeartRadio Tops Podtrac's Podcast Publishers in July|
Jonathan Shaffer Earns APD Stripes at 104.5 The Zone/Nashville|
NAB Accepting Applications for 2021 Leadership Training Program|
ABC News Radio Announces Coverage of National Conventions|
Virtual News Center Adds Tim and Kris McLaughlin|