Uforia Expands Podcast Offerings Reaching Broader Audiences
|RADIO ONLINE | Thursday, May 12, 2022|
Uforia, TelevisaUnivision's audio network for company's music and audio properties spanning radio, podcasts, audio app and live concert series, has announced the expansion of its podcast programming during the 2022 IAB Podcast Upfront. Delivering more than 40 hours of original content per week, Uforia is one of the largest and fastest-growing Hispanic podcast network in the U.S.
Focused on developing in-culture, and authentic content for Hispanic audiences, Uforia is executing on a three-pronged content strategy to expand its podcast programming in 2022:
- Direct From Air: leveraging existing TelevisaUnivision IP and talent to create fresh content with brands and personalities already familiar to Hispanic audiences.
- Internal Content Creation: developing brand-new IP in the genres that appeal the most to Hispanic audiences: news, paranormal, wellness and wellbeing, spirituality, and comedy.
- Co-Productions: developing new IP, and new productions with Hispanic content creators to develop new and culturally resonant content in Spanish, English, and Spanglish and generate an immersive experience through audio storytelling. As part of this strategy, Uforia recently signed a first look deal with FONI Entertainment, a Spanish-language comedy and content powerhouse to develop comedic podcast originals with their stand-up comedians and writers.
"Uforia provides Hispanic audiences with an entire ecosystem of audio content that authentically and uniquely caters to them, creating an intimate sense of community," said Univision Radio President Jesus Lara. "By expanding Uforia's podcast network offerings, we're serving Hispanic audiences with an audio ecosystem with new content that promotes the diversity of our culture, through authentic voices and stories."
Uforia's line-up of original podcast productions slated for launch later this year includes:
- Crimenes Paranormales, a podcast combining paranormal activity and true crimes that have taken place in Latin America produced in Spanish and English.
- Demonios De Topo Chico, a true-crime podcast that follows Doctor Balli, known as Alfredo Balli Treviño, a Mexican doctor sentenced to death for murder in the city of Monterrey, Mexico in the late 1950s and became the inspiration of the iconic villain Hannibal Lecter.
- Univision Investiga, a podcast led by Univision News award-winning investigative unit and special guest journalists, to tell stories of controversial issues and uncover cases of corruption, drug trafficking, labor exploitations, cults, con artists, and many other stories. Univision Investiga will uncover the stories that others will try to hide.
According to the Nielsen Listener Report, the demand for content geared toward Hispanic audiences has grown by 59%, and Uforia is set to fill that void with exciting and new in-culture content that elevates and celebrates Hispanic culture. In just ten months, Uforia has experienced increased growth numbers, with the size of its podcast listenership growing a 89% from February to December, 2021.
Latest Radio Stories
Parker Hillis Named Brand Manager for KILT-AM/Houston|
Top Honors Presented at the 47th Annual Gracie Awards|
How Many Shows Reach Majority of All Podcast Listeners|
WLTJ-FM Welcomes ''Ya Jagoff!'' Podcast to On-Air Line Up|
WGN Morning Host Bob Sirott to Receive 2022 Dante Award|
SME's Global Podcast Division Launches ''The Binge''|