Triton Digital Releases the September 2018 Top 20 Ranker
|RADIO ONLINE | Tuesday, December 18, 2018|
Triton Digital has released its monthly Top 20 Ranker for September. The Ranker is a listing of the top-performing digital audio stations and networks measured by the Webcast Metrics audience measurement platform, accredited by the MRC. Total listening for clients measured within the U.S. during September grew to 5.96 million Average Active Sessions from 5.86 million weekdays from 6am-8pm, while declining to 4.9 million from 5.02 million AAS during Monday-Sunday 6am-midnight.
Here are few highlights:
- News/Talk streaming saw a 36% increase on the day of the Kavanaugh hearing (Thursday, September 27, 2018) as compared to the average number of active sessions during the four weeks prior.
- Midweek listening shows peak AAS occurring at 2pm in September of 2018. Over the weekend, listening shows peak AAS at 12pm, before gradually declining throughout the afternoon.
- When compared to August 2018 , the Sports format showed the largest increase at 15.34% in AAS during the Monday through Friday, 6am - 7pm daypart.
- Looking at the Top 15 markets as compared to August 2018, the Detroit market showed the largest listening increase at 6.38% in AAS during the Monday through Friday 6am to 7pm daypart, followed by San Francisco.
- NPR Member Stations
- Cumulus Streaming Network
- Beasley Broadcast
- EMF Corporate
- ESPN Radio
- Hubbard Broadcasting
- Salem Communications
- New York Public Radio
- Urban One
- Emmis Communications
- Prisa Radio
- Saga Communications