RAB Completes 14th Annual Management & Training Program
|RADIO ONLINE | Monday, August 15, 2022|
The Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB), in conjunction with BMI and Mentoring and Inspiring Women in Radio (MIW), have announced the completion of the 14th annual Rising Through the Ranks program, which began with a virtual session on August 2, and continued with in-person meetings on August 9-11 at the BMI Nashville office.
Scholarship recipients were selected and awarded by the three organizations. The two-day curriculum focused on the specific needs of women in radio management or those aspiring to move into management positions and worked to enhance their overall knowledge and skills.
Sessions from this year's seminars included: "Building Your Personal Brand," "Managing Up, Down & All Around" and "Having Difficult Conversations."
Featured speakers included:
- Hartley Adkins, president, market group, iHeartMedia
- Caroline Beasley, chief executive officer, Beasley Media Group
- Kristin Cantrell, owner and chief executive officer, Seven Mountains Media and CapCity Communications
- LaDonne Craig, market manager, Townsquare Media
- Donna Detweiler, senior manager broadcast services, Xperi
- Erica Farber, president and chief executive officer, RAB
- Jessica Frost, executive director, industry relations, licensing, BMI
- Suzanne Grimes, president, Westwood One; executive vice president, Cumulus Media
- Kim Johnson, director of sales, RAB
- Patty Kincaid, vice president/general manager, Media Staffing Network
- Susan Larkin, chief operating officer, Audacy
- Val Maki, senior vice president/market manager, Bonneville
- Laura Okmin, Fox NFL broadcaster and co-founder, GALvanize
- Ruth Presslaff, board president, Mentoring and Inspiring Women in Radio, Inc.
- Jeff Schmidt, senior vice president, professional development, RAB
- Erika Sylvia, controller, Emmis Communications
- Stephanie Theisen, vice president, sales and marketing, Leighton Broadcasting
- Ashley Wilson, director, country programming Indiana/Kentucky region, iHeartMedia
The curriculum was customized to feature practical and real-world applications that graduates could immediately use within their companies and in their personal growth.
"We are not only delighted to bring another Rising Through the Ranks class together, but to have it be in person for the first time in three years," noted RAB President and CEO Erica Farber. "This group were exposed to strategies and tools they can put to work immediately within their own organizations, while helping them become their own board of directors to help one another navigate their professional growth as future industry leaders."
"BMI was thrilled to once again host Rising Through the Ranks in our Nashville office. Each year, the event provides scholarships to an incredible class of women who participated in the program, and this year was no exception," added BMI Executive Director, Industry Relations Jessica Frost. "Being back together in person made it even more special, highlighting the importance of personal connection through mentoring, networking and education. In addition, these talented women heard invaluable advice on how to succeed in radio directly from some of the top executives in the industry, who paved the way for them to follow."
"The MIWs are an organization dedicated to mentoring women in radio," said Mentoring and Inspiring Women in Radio Board President Ruth Presslaff. "There's nothing better than meeting a group of dynamic dedicated up and comers who already are bringing so much to our industry and are hungry to bring even more. RTTR is just an absolute pleasure to support."
2022 Rising Through the Ranks Graduates:
iHeartMedia, West Valley, Utah
Beasley Media Group, Detroit, Michigan
CapCity Communications, Frankfort, Kentucky
Lila El Naggar
Key Networks, Brooklyn, New York
Chapel Hill Media Group, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Stingray Media, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Federated Media, Mishawaka, Indiana
East Arkansas Broadcasters, Jonesboro, Arkansas
BMI, Nashville, Tennessee
Audacy, Sacramento, California
Hubbard Broadcasting - 2060 Digital, Baxter, Minnesota
Cromwell Media, Owensboro, Kentucky
KJIW 94.5 FM, Helena, Arkansas
Alpha Media, Louisville, Kentucky
Townsquare Media, Marcy, New York
GenMedia Partners, Auburn, Washington
Odle Media Group, LLC, Park Hills, Missouri
Basin Radio Network/Legend Communications, Gillette, Wyoming
Audacy, Phoenix, Arizona
Katz Radio Group, Los Angeles, California
TelevisaUnivision - Amor 107.7, Austin, Texas
North Central Florida Media Group/Saga Communications, Ocala, Florida
Audacy - 102 Jamz, Greensboro, North Carolina
RAB, New York, New York
Latest Radio Stories
21 Members of Congress Added as LRFA Cosponsors|
iHM Bans ChatGPT Use to Protect Intellectual Property|
Audacy Inks EVP/COO Susan Larkin to New Agreement|
Texas Radio Hall of Fame Nominations Open June 1|
Top 25 Podcasts Reach 45% of Weekly Podcast Listeners|
Townsquare/Billings Names Stewart as Director of Content|