Blog: Yes, Your Audio Campaign Can Be Measured
|RADIO ONLINE | Monday, February 13, 2023|
The theme of a panel during the recent Association of National Advertisers Audio Summit presented by IT services and equipment giant CDW Head of Media Dean Lamb and Westwood One was "Yes, your audio campaign can be measured." This week's Cumulus Media | Westwood One Audio Active Group blog outlines the key takeaways of the case studies shared.
- Creative represents 50% of sales effect. Ensure audio creative is pre-tested for emotional resonance and strong branding. Eliminate 1-star ads and strive for 2-5-star creative outcomes.
- AM/FM radio creative effectiveness tests at 90% of TV at a quarter of the CPM, according to ABX.
- The stronger the emotional resonance, the greater the market share gain. System 1 creative tests predict long-term brand growth from emotional response and the degree of positive reaction.
- AM/FM radio is the media plan reach accelerator. Take it from P&G, Progressive, Indeed, CDW, and many others. Audio elevates the media plan with incremental reach.
- Audio impacts the entire purchase funnel, from brand lift to sales effect.
- AM/FM radio sales effects are surprisingly strong and return on advertising spend is excellent.
- Audio's ability to drive search and site traffic is compelling.
- Audio punches above its weight. The degree of brand lift and sales effect is often greater than audio's share of the media plan.
Latest Radio Stories
iHM/New York Region President Scott Hopeck to Exit|
BFoA Launches Social Media Campaign ''12 Days of Giving''|
Skyview Networks Extends Partnership with SnoCountry|
WGTS-FM/Washington DC Collects Toys for Tots|
WPLR & WFOX's Chaz and AJ Raise $167,200 in Cash and Toys|
Spanish Broadcasting President/COO Albert Rodriguez Resigns|